Thursday, November 21, 2013

Week 8- 10 Questions


1.       Can you please explain the difference between optioning a screenplay and buying the rights to a screenplay?
2.       I want to make a film about a deceased celebrity. Do I need to option or pay for their life rights?
3.       Should I be concerned about filming a famous building? How about verbally referencing a specific brand?
4.       I’m shooting my film in another state. Do I need to set up a limited liability company (LLC) in that state?
5.       Do I really need errors and omissions (E & O) Insurance?
6.       Can I use a song or other copyrighted work in my film if I change ... percent of it?
7.       What good legal resources are out there?
8.       Why should I copyright my work?
9.       Do I need to get the rights to music used in my film if I'm not charging people to view it?

1.   Can treatments be sold to film studios or production companies to adapt them into screenplays?

No comments:

Post a Comment